Actively seeking the following positions:
Building and Grounds Maintenance Worker (Part Time)
Silvermine Arts Center is currently seeking a Building and Grounds Maintenance Worker to set up classes, maintain the art studios and gallery buildings and perform light grounds work to ensure full and productive use of Silvermine Art Center’s campus. The Maintenance worker is responsible for performing semi-skilled tasks that may include maintenance and repairs of plumbing fixtures, electrical, interior, and exterior buildings. To accomplish these tasks the Buildings and Grounds Maintenance Worker must work closely with the staff and administration.
This is a part-time hourly position – 30 hours per week – Monday-Friday 7:30am – 2:00pm (includes half-hour lunch) with occasional weekends, evenings, and mornings – as needed for events, weather-related duties, or emergencies.
See Full Job Description HERE
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Execute daily studio set-ups, including morning and mid-day change-overs
• Requires movement of easels, tables, chairs, and some specialized equipment
• Set up for occasional weekend and evening events as needed
• Distribution of equipment and materials within and between school buildings, including all gas tank replacements, art supplies, and Crystal Rock containers.
• Perform preventative maintenance and minor repair in connection with Electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems, Interior and exterior of buildings and campus grounds
• Maintain school buildings and grounds in top condition to ensure full and productive use of the facilities. Responsibilities include:
o Garbage removal
o Painting walls
o Changing light bulbs
o Stocking bathrooms and studios with soap and paper towel
• Monitor inventory of custodial supplies and communicate to the school office when restocking is required
• Carries out assignments in a non-disruptive manner in areas receiving heavy public use
• Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Administrative Staff
• Perform seasonal maintenance including leaf blowing/raking, shoveling & salting, weeding, etc.
• Ability to adjust schedule accordingly and respond to demands for shoveling and salting after snowfall.
• Perform exterior building maintenance including cleaning gutters, removal of Ivy, weeding
• Monitor campus for necessary grounds maintenance work to assure safety, resolve problems or notify others as appropriate.
• Safely operate hand and power tools and maintain equipment as needed
• Safely handle & use herbicides and other chemicals used in grounds keeping
• Respond to emergency calls outside of normal work hours